Friday 18 September 2015

THE BODY SHOP SEAWEED IONIC CLAY MASK REVIEW


                                     

Today I am going to share my favorite face mask from The Body Shop which is The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask
One of the best ways to pamper your skin is with the help of face masks. And when it comes to face masks, mud masks are all time favorites and i don't think there is any other better way to pamper your skin and de-stress  with a calming facemask? Whether you use a cream or sheet mask, you’ll feel great during the process and feel good knowing you’re doing your  skin a huge favor!


I have a very oily and acne prone skin so if I do not take care of my skin, my skin gets acne.  The only two things I do to keep my skin free from acne is Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing twice a day and face masks that I use twice or thrice a week depending upon the amount of time I have.  My skin definitely experience less breakouts now.



FIRST Start with Benefits of Seaweed on Skin:-
This “sea plant” is known to work wonders for your skin. That is the secret behind the use of this wonder-plant in a range of spa products and skincare products. Wondering what are the benefits of seaweed for your skin? Here are some of them:
  • Seaweed protects the skin from the harmful effects of pollutants, which makes your skin prone to environmental damage.
  • Seaweed is rich with antioxidants that protect your skin from the damaging effects of free radicals.
  • Ascorbic acid and selenium in seaweeds have anti-aging properties.
  • Seaweed contains organic iodine that helps in increasing skin metabolism.
  • Fatty acids contained in seaweed help to put up with skin inflammation and irritation.
  • Seaweed has natural cleansing and hydrating properties.

COMING BACK to my  favorite face mask from The Body Shop which is The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask.



                                                   

BEST IF YOU WANT TO: Detoxify and deep cleanse your skin with a weekly mask that uses natural ionic clay action to draw out impurities and control excess oil.
BEST FOR: oily/combination skin
How it works:
  • Community Trade bladderwack seaweed and seaweed harvested from the French coast balance skin tone and purify and clarify the complexion.
  • 100% natural clay complex cleanses and revitalizes skin; negatively charged ions act like magnets to draw out dirt and impurities from the pores.

Ingredients:-
Kaolin, Water, Heilmoor Clay, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Bentonite, Talc, Lithothamnium calcarum, Maris Limus Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Polysorbate 20, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Bisabolol, Parfum, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Zinc PCA, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, FD&C Blue No. 1.

                             
HOW TO USE ??
Apply a thin layer, leave for 10 minutes and rinse off. Use up to twice weekly.
   

(A) PACKAGING
The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask comes in a transparent tub of 100ml  with a lid on the top

(B) CONSISTENCY

The mask is really a mud mask AND the texture is like mud, with tiny silt particles in it
 It is dark grey in color and has small bead like things.
This face mask is little grainy in texture and quite thick too.


(C) FRAGRANCE
it has an oceany fragrance which... kinda smells like the sea. Honestly I don't really like the fragrance, I guess it's supposed to smell nice - to me, it smells like the sea (real seawater really doesn't smell that nice) and some sort . Fragrance doesn't bother me much though - the substance is more important!



  HOW I HAVE USED IT :-
             I applied  the facemask   with my fingers evenly and spread a thin layer of product on my face. I do find that if I apply a too thin layer, it's like not applying anything on your face.
The Seaweed mask smells really lovely.  I left mine on for around ten minutes.It's not recommended to leave it on longer because it might cause skin irritation. I really loved the firming feel it gave to my skin after a few seconds of applying it to my face. As I was applying it, I could really feel it cleansing my skin and it felt gorgeous! 
After washing it off, I was really pleased with the product. It left my skin feeling smooth and fresh. It is definately refreshing and I think my skin will thank me for it! I am happy I bought this product and would definately recommend it to you if you are searching for a face mask! 

PRICE OF THE MASK : Rs 1295/~ (100 ml)



1)It's a serious cleansing mask, which leaves your skin free of oil and does actually help with blackheads.
2) since I am an animal lover and The Body Shop doesn't do animal testing or harm animals in anyway,
3) Also, it's non-comedogenic





1) I didn't liked the packaging much..
2) I believe it's something that they could improve on. And include a spatula for us to apply it on our faces instead of us having to use our hands to dig into the mask. 


So who shouldn’t use this mask?
 People with seaweed and clay allergies, of course. Also individuals with dry skin. If you suffer from sensitive skin, spot-test this product before applying it to your face. (Better safe than sorry!)

   Overall I really did enjoy using this clay mask, I think for the price it does a really nice job 
There are times when I have just a zit or blackhead so what I do is I apply it only on the zit leave it overnight and next day the zit definitely looks less red and the size also gets reduced.  This is totally a Winner for me.



Have you tried any Body Shop face masks? if yes then do tell me which one and about your experience :)



No comments: